Bill OF rights
- You have the right to respect. You are going through a difficult time. No one wants to be involved in a legal dispute. You will be treated with respect and courtesy.
- You have the right to a competent and passionate attorney. There are many lawyers in the Bay Area to choose from. You should find a lawyer that is both competent in law and passionate about your case.
- You have the right to pay a fair price. Whenever possible, you will be provided with an upfront cost or, when it is not possible, a best estimate as to what your fees may be.
- You have the right to pay your fees in installments, unless prohibited by law (as in Chapter 7 Bankruptcy filings).
- You have the right to a free one hour consultation. You may ask the attorney any questions you would like in order to help you clarify your legal challenge and or determine if you are comfortable with your attorney representing you.
- You have the right to have communication with your attorney and to be informed about your case as events transpire. This personal service is what The LaVelle Law Office takes pride in.
- You have the right to transparency in your case. Your attorney will share and explain every document filed on your behalf as well as the criteria that led to the recommendations the attorney makes.
- You have the right to meet with your attorney in a location that is convenient for you. There are 5 LaVelle Law Offices across the Bay Area so you don’t have to go far for quality, compassionate legal assistance.
- You have the right to consult with other attorneys. You are encouraged to get other estimates and opinions about your case. It is important that you find not just the right price, but the right attorney for you.
- You have the right to change your mind. If somewhere in the process you feel bankruptcy is not right for you, let your attorney know and they will refund you a prorated amount of the attorney fees if you have pre paid.
Attorneys are forbidden from guaranteeing results in a legal matter, however, The LaVelle Law Offices does guarantee your satisfaction with the service you are receiving from your attorney. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the service your attorney is providing, you may request a pro-rated refund of your attorney’s fees.